Happy Birthday Sammy. Seems just like yesterday we brought you home. You were so little you could fit in the palm of my hand: my little white puppy with the black circle over your right eye and two black ears.
So much has changed during the last 1o months:
- You ‘ve gained 13 pounds; I have gained four.
- I learned dogs have day care. You started going to Preppy Pet Care one day a week. It is your favorite day of the week.
- You are housebroken although it was touch and go there for awhile.
- You’ve swallowed ‘foreign matter’ on three separate occasions. We now have pet insurance.
- Your legs grew faster than your torso. This helps you zoom around the back yard.
- You’ve grown to love to retrieve objects.
- You enjoyed chewing up Daddy’s rawhide ties on his slippers. We won’t even mention Mama’s shoes or her Mont Blanc pen. I mean, it is your birthday.
My readers have loved getting to know you; I knew you would want me to share a few thoughts on your first birthday. Here’s to another great year Samuel Winiferd Hambone Johnson. I love you.